Role Purpose: Undertaking customer due diligence checks and ongoing monitoring of new and existing members, and determining the nature and level of due diligence required in order to comply with Anti-Money Laundering and Gambling Regulations. Identifying the level of risk presented by the member and escalating any concerns.
Reports To: Customer Due Diligence Team Leader
Department: Customer Safety and Due Diligence
- Using external and internal resources and conducting open source research in order to identify customer profiles and mitigate AML risk by verifying and investigating SOF.
- Ensure that all investigations are completed in a timely and efficient manner.
- Requesting customer SOF documents to meet internal standards & industry regulation.
- Ensure accurate and complete internal documents are maintained in order to meet internal standards and industry regulations.
- Where required, escalate complex AML issues to the Customer Due Diligence Operations Manager and Customer Due Diligence Director for resolution, generating relevant management information at a summary level.
- Updating or amending risk limits applicable to account statuses for both specific customer accounts and general Company limits.
- Trialling new risk tools in the market & providing feedback to management in order to prepare business cases to identify if the new risk tools would be beneficial to the operation.
- Responsible for AML reports & other reports used to monitor and control risk management.
- Assisting with compiling information for regulatory audits.
- To maintain client information in accordance with the Data Protection policy.
- Advising Customer Services and VIP teams and helping them to develop their knowledge of customer due diligence requirements.
- To perform additional tasks as required by the Team Leader and Management of the Customer Safety and Due Diligence department.
Technical Skills Required:
- Broad Fraud knowledge.
- Excellent written English.
- Knowledge of ‘in-house’ applications.
- Understanding and interpretation of legal and compliance documents.
Key Performance Indicators:
- Assertive qualities.
- Excellent time keeping.
- Ability to use own initiative.
- Ability to assess situations quickly and accurately.
- Previous experience in management an advantage.
Due to the nature of their job, the Customer Due Diligence Team will be the main bridge between the Customer Safety and Due Diligence Department and the rest of the Company, including departments from other locations. However, their main relationships are with:
- Customer Due Diligence Director
- Customer Safety and Due Diligence Department in Gibraltar
- Management and employees in all other Divisions
Knowledge Skills & Experience:
Must have/Essential Skills:
- Excellent IT skills - proficient in Microsoft Office and internet research.
- Strong command of the English language with excellent written and verbal communication skills, and the ability to communicate across levels of seniority.
- Confident in communicating with customers about this sometimes-sensitive topic.
- Strong analytical skills combined with the ability to comprehend and analyse financial data.
- High degree of attention to detail.
- Reasoning ability in order to make confident and justifiable decisions, persuasively communicating the Risk.
- Resilient with an ability to work under pressure, while maintaining accuracy and quality standards.
- Proactive approach to process improvements, actively seeking opportunities for change that benefit the wider team/department.
- Willingness and appetite to learn and develop their knowledge of risk and compliance in the gambling industry.
- Ability to share knowledge with and develop know how for use by other team members.
- Determined, dependable, approachable, trustworthy and responsible.
- Flexible and able to adapt to a constantly changing environment.
- Willingness to work long and unusual hours.
- No restrictions to working in Gibraltar.
Nice to have/ Desirable:
- Previous experience working in a risk, regulation or compliance role would be advantageous, and experience working in the sports and gambling Industry.
- Knowledge of UK and foreign jurisdictions Know Your Customer (KYC) regulations.
- Working knowledge of another language is desirable.
- Background in compliance and regulations.
- Psychology of Gambling.
- Responsible Gaming experience.
- Effective communication with all relations.
- Produce error free work.
- Manage special projects.
- Able to meet deadlines.
- Ability to multitask.
- Self-starter who is driven with strong time management and organisational skills.
- Pro-active and takes initiative to prioritise and coordinate own workload with minimal supervision at busy times.
- Demonstrates a team player attitude.
POSITION | Customer Due Diligence Analyst (Temporary Maternity Cover) | Position ID: 1F.121
The candidate consent that the information in this Candidate Application and any personal information concerning him/her which is obtained by the Company or from other sources, will be held and managed by the Company or on its behalf, and that the Company shall be entitled to use and transfer such information to third parties, including Company’s affiliates, business partners or contractors/service providers to the extent required while maintaining your right to privacy. The Company undertakes that the information will be used, and transferred for the purposes related to the recruitment process, including assessment of your qualifications against our work opportunities, verification and reference/background checks, communications with you about the recruitment process and/or your application and/or compliance with applicable laws, regulations, legal processes or enforceable governmental requests.