Role Purpose: Responsible for the overall operations of the Safer Gambling Team, in order to maintain compliance with 888’s social responsibility policies and all relevant regulatory requirements.
Reports To: VP, Customer Safety and Due Diligence
Department: Customer Safety and Due Diligence
- Responsible for the overall operations of the Safer Gambling Team.
- Reporting and monitoring of various Safer Gambling processes and procedures through robust auditable processes.
- Identify areas of Safer Gambling risk to develop and implement measures to address such items as well as launching new initiatives
- Fine-tuning of pro-active algorithm-based tool used identify players exhibiting behaviour that may indicate potential signs of gambling related harm
- Working with data analysts to assess the effectiveness of our Safer Gambling policies, processes and interactions.
- Ensure effective accurate documentation and record keeping of Safer Gambling processes.
- Reviewing/amending manuals and existing procedures, as related to Responsible Gambling and compliance in all regulated markets.
- Handling of & providing guidance on escalated disputes as required to investigate and determine the most appropriate action to take.
- Focal point for internal escalation of Safer Gambling compliance matters.
- Key stakeholder in the implementation of new policies, procedures & regulatory requirements.
- Research and preparation of case studies/presentations for training purposes, audits & ADR’s.
- Identifying key training needs and overseeing Safer Gambling training content and delivery including collaborating with external organisations when required.
- Liaising with other 888 sites and departments, internal/external as required.
- Developing and maintaining relationships with 3rd party organizations in the Safer Gambling field.
- Any other tasks assigned by line management.
- VP Customer Safety & Due Diligence
- CSDD Management
- Safer Gambling Team Leader
- Safer Gambling Specialists
- Customer Due Diligence Teams
- Management and Employees in all other Divisions
- Compliance & Regulator Affairs stakeholders
- Safer Gambling Product Teams
Knowledge Skills & Experience:
Must have/Essential Skills:
- Minimum of 5 years’ practical experience working for a regulated gambling operator, specialising in Safer Gambling, player protection or a comparable background.
- Detailed knowledge of the LCCP and guidance notes of relevant licensing authorities relating to Safer Gambling and customer interactions.
- Knowledge of best practice in social responsibility for remote gambling.
- Strong communication skills, with the ability to communicate and gain the respect of all levels of management and staff.
- Proficient in MS Office applications.
- Reasoning and analytical ability in order to make decisions.
- Good assessment of situations under stressful circumstances.
- Excellent organisational and prioritisation skills.
- Experience in providing detailed case reviews, presentations and analytical data.
- Must be adaptable to changing procedures and be able to work with various stakeholders.
- Able to work under pressure and to deadlines.
- Diplomatic, flexible and approachable.
- Strong leadership skills.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Patient, proactive, responsible and reliable.
- Strong leadership skills.
- Ability to analyse and optimise operations to improve SLA and efficiency.
- Effective communication skills (verbal and written).
- High level of personal initiative, motivation and flexibility.
- Ability to work as part of a team as well as independently, in a very fast-paced and changing environment.
- Adaptable to changing procedures.
- Ability to work under pressure.
- Attention to detail and an analytical mind.
- Ability to identify and highlight weaknesses in procedures and controls.
- Proactive and forward thinking.
40 hours per week.
POSITION | Head of Safer Gambling Operations | Position ID: 6E.523
The candidate consent that the information in this Candidate Application and any personal information concerning him/her which is obtained by the Company or from other sources, will be held and managed by the Company or on its behalf, and that the Company shall be entitled to use and transfer such information to third parties, including Company’s affiliates, business partners or contractors/service providers to the extent required while maintaining your right to privacy. The Company undertakes that the information will be used, and transferred for the purposes related to the recruitment process, including assessment of your qualifications against our work opportunities, verification and reference/background checks, communications with you about the recruitment process and/or your application and/or compliance with applicable laws, regulations, legal processes or enforceable governmental requests.