888 group is one of the world’s leading online gaming companies, established in 1997 and listed on the London Stock Exchange since 2005.
We own and develop our own state-of-the-art technology and products, that provide a fun, fair and safe online gaming experience to millions of players globally. And our marketing teams lead global campaigns using only the most cutting-edge online marketing methodologies.
888 is home to some of the best talent in the industry. We pride ourselves as an employer of choice to over 1,600 ‘8sters’ around the globe.
When joining us, you will enjoy a hybrid work model, combining in-office work with remote work (work from home) during the week.
As a Technical Project Manager, You will become part of the cross & core project group, which is one of the most business-centric areas in the company, involving multiple stakeholders from across the company.
The new project manager will be responsible for the end-to-end project with a focus on the R&D activities. This is a critical area and position, both from a business and regulation perspective, requiring looking at the long-term goals and day-to-day challenges.
- The role includes managing the scope, the building process of the project, the planning phase, creating an integrated work plan, promoting the stages of analysis, development, and testing. The role also requires integration with all of the relevant interfaces and factors involved – product managers, other project managers, internal customers, system analysts, the R&D and testing teams, IT, and external business partners.
- The project management requires matrix management - within the department and outer facing to other departments. The project manager manages several projects in parallel while handling and managing constraints and frequent changes per company prioritization in a dynamic work environment.
- The project manager is a proactive function who must deal with different problem and conflict solving types. A substantial part of the role includes coordinating and channeling various project resources to the progressing of one track. The project manager must have technical understanding and business orientation and good knowledge of organizational work processes and the modus operandi of the R&D department.
Required Skills and Qualifications:
- At least 4 years of proven experience in managing and driving technological projects /intricate software projects in a global environment – the ability to work with numerous factors, skilled at matrix management, and knowing how to activate and drive
- Technological background – previously worked in development/QA/product
- English at a high level, including verbal expression abilities and drafting documents in English.
- Highly independent yet at the same time a team player.
- A broad and comprehensive systematic vision, risk management abilities, and an understanding of long-term implications.
- Highly proficient at managing several projects and tasks in parallel.
- The ability to maneuver between different factors within the organization; able to work under pressure.
- Proactive, creative, out-of-the-box, and original thinking in problem-solving.
- Accountability and end-to-end execution of tasks.
- High analytical skills
- Organized, methodical, and thorough.
- A representable individual who can present to the Senior Management of the Company.
- Familiar with the world of internet in general and specifically with online gaming – an advantage.
POSITION | Technical Project Manager | Position ID: D1.12F
The candidate consent that the information in this Candidate Application and any personal information concerning him/her which is obtained by the Company or from other sources, will be held and managed by the Company or on its behalf, and that the Company shall be entitled to use and transfer such information to third parties, including Company’s affiliates, business partners or contractors/service providers to the extent required while maintaining your right to privacy. The Company undertakes that the information will be used, and transferred for the purposes related to the recruitment process, including assessment of your qualifications against our work opportunities, verification and reference/background checks, communications with you about the recruitment process and/or your application and/or compliance with applicable laws, regulations, legal processes or enforceable governmental requests.