Role Purpose: This is a primarily hands-on position where the main responsibilities include covering technical shift duties and procedures, as well as providing technical helpdesk services to all departments (local and remote).
Reports To: IT Support Team Leader
- Responsible for covering technical shift duties 24/7 and giving answers / solutions to any problems which may occur during the shift.
- Providing technical assistance to other departments.
- 1st and 2nd Line Support to 500+ users (local and remote).
- Supporting Microsoft Office Suites and providing ad-hoc training when required.
- Supporting internal CRM applications and internal bespoke software systems.
- Account creation for new users using Active Directory.
- Troubleshooting Citrix remote access and internally published applications.
- Data management and monitoring on servers.
- Hardware and software upgrades.
- PC configuration / installation and troubleshooting.
- PC imaging.
- Server rack mounting and installation.
Key Performance Indicators:
- To be able to complete the shift in an organised way.
- To be able to multi-task.
- Ability to work under pressure.
- To be able to prioritise tasks and ongoing issues in real time.
- Professional level of service.
- Excellent customer service level.
- High organisational skills.
- Ability to take ownership.
- IT Support Team Leader
- IT Operational Manager
- System Administrators
- Team Members
- Member Support and other departments
- NOC Team
- Second Level Support Team
Knowledge Skills & Experience:
Must have/Essential Skills:
- 2 years of relevant hands-on experience in large organisations.
- Windows 10.
- Familiarity with Windows 2008/2012 Server technology (ideally large user environment 500+).
- Microsoft Office 365.
- Microsoft Outlook 365.
- Knowledge of Citrix remote desktop and Citrix services.
- NetBackup or Backup methodologies.
- Active Directory Services.
- TCP/IP and general basic WAN/LAN troubleshooting capabilities.
- No restrictions to working in Gibraltar.
Nice to have/ Desirable:
- MS Qualifications.
- Experience of working shifts.
- Group policies an advantage.
- Must be analytical.
- Ability to multitask.
- Trustworthy and reliable.
- Customer focused.
- Tidy, organised and methodical.
- Must be polite and customer focused.
- Ability to work under pressure.
- Time Management Skills.
- Fast learner.
- Hard worker.
- Dynamic Team player.
- Articulate who strives to achieve.
- Flexible towards working hours.
The team is required to work a variety of shifts (24/7) with 2 days off, which may be split.
Note: Bank Holidays are considered normal working days.
POSITION | IT Support Engineer | Position ID: D2.720
The candidate consent that the information in this Candidate Application and any personal information concerning him/her which is obtained by the Company or from other sources, will be held and managed by the Company or on its behalf, and that the Company shall be entitled to use and transfer such information to third parties, including Company’s affiliates, business partners or contractors/service providers to the extent required while maintaining your right to privacy. The Company undertakes that the information will be used, and transferred for the purposes related to the recruitment process, including assessment of your qualifications against our work opportunities, verification and reference/background checks, communications with you about the recruitment process and/or your application and/or compliance with applicable laws, regulations, legal processes or enforceable governmental requests.