Role Purpose: Operation of reception and assisting the team with administrative duties.
Reports To: Facilities & Administration Manager
Team: Administration Team
The position of Receptionist/Administration Assistant consists of a variety of duties within the team, from answering inquiries and obtaining information from customers and callers, dealing with visitors and suppliers. As the face and representative of 888 holdings, professionalism, politeness, and courtesy are key demands of this role.
Key tasks within the team include but are not limited to:
- Collecting, sorting, distributing and preparing mail (both internal and external), messages and courier deliveries.
- Recording, monitoring and managing waybills.
- Greeting people entering reception, determining the nature and purpose of the visits, logging the visits, and directing or escorting them to the specific destinations whilst liaising with security.
- Answering, screening, forwarding and transferring calls, providing information, taking messages and arranging return contacts.
- Scheduling meetings.
- Providing refreshments.
- Ordering stationery.
- Purchasing supplies.
- Managing the reception emails.
- Receiving, scanning, filing and allocating invoices.
- Receiving deliveries and checking against the invoices.
- Monitoring the vending machines and liaising with the suppliers in the event that they should break down.
- Performing additional tasks as required by the Team Manager.
Technical Skills Required:
- Computer literate and ability to use in-house applications.
- Excellent Knowledge of Excel, PowerPoint, Word & other Microsoft Office Applications.
- Ability to operate a reception phone (including hold, forward, transfer).
Key Performance Indicators:
- Ability to prioritise the work process and work on multiple projects/tasks.
- Ability to remain calm and focused.
- Promoting the interest of the Company at all times.
- Friendly and approachable manner at all times.
- Working closely with the Administration & Facilities Manager
- Working closely with the Administration Assistant
- Working with employees in other locations
- Working with external partners and suppliers
Knowledge Skills & Experience:
Must have/Essential Skills:
- Computer literate and able to use in-house applications.
- Excellent verbal and written English language skills.
- Strong knowledge of Excel, Word, PowerPoint and other Microsoft Office Applications.
- High degree of attention to detail.
- Ability to use initiative when undertaking tasks.
- Ability to work as part of a team and share a workflow.
- Ability to work under pressure with minimum supervision.
- Ability to complete allocated tasks and execute with proficiency in a timely manner.
- Determined, dependable, approachable, trustworthy and responsible.
- Strong communication skills.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Flexible with working hours.
- Willingness to learn new tasks and keep a record of training provided.
- No restrictions to working in Gibraltar.
Nice to have/ Desirable:
- Ability to read and write Spanish.
- Clean driving licence valid for Gibraltar.
- Articulate with excellent communication skills.
- Organised approach to the daily workload.
- Hard, dedicated mind-set and able to multi-task.
- A team player with good attitude and behaviours, and a keen approach to providing excellent service is more important than experience in this role.
- 40 hours per week
- Extra hours as required
- Flexible approach required
POSITION | Receptionist/Administration Assistant | Position ID: DB.911
The candidate consent that the information in this Candidate Application and any personal information concerning him/her which is obtained by the Company or from other sources, will be held and managed by the Company or on its behalf, and that the Company shall be entitled to use and transfer such information to third parties, including Company’s affiliates, business partners or contractors/service providers to the extent required while maintaining your right to privacy. The Company undertakes that the information will be used, and transferred for the purposes related to the recruitment process, including assessment of your qualifications against our work opportunities, verification and reference/background checks, communications with you about the recruitment process and/or your application and/or compliance with applicable laws, regulations, legal processes or enforceable governmental requests.