Role Purpose: To head our Fraud prevention program and operations in order to protect the business against payment fraud, bonus abuse and the use of software in our Poker rooms. The position will be conducting an ongoing risk assessment of our platform and workflows to identify and mitigate possible methods of abuse or Fraud. Working with our technology teams and third-party providers to optimise our tools of projection and manage our 80+ Fraud Department.
Reports To: SVP, Customer Risk Management
- Map 888 vulnerabilities in terms of product, marketing and operations.
- Involved in developing in-house software and working with third party Fraud solutions.
- Managing a medium to large Operations team.
- Working with data scientists and analytics teams to develop algorithms to protect the business.
- Prevent registrations with the objective of taking advantage of 888 promotion campaigns (Bonus Abuse).
- Implementation of risk measures to ensure 888 does not breach chargeback thresholds with its Payment Service Providers (PSPs).
- Policing the 888 Poker platform for Poker collusion.
- Sourcing third-party providers to protect the 888 Poker room from customers using technology such bots.
- Risk assessing the onboarding of new Payment methods.
- Onboard screening and risk assessing customers for potential fraud.
Technical Skills Required:
- Expert knowledge in payment methods and how they operate.
- Online Poker Fraud knowledge.
- Familiar with onboard screening software such as Iovation or SEON.
- Excellent written English.
- Understanding and interpretation of legal and compliance documents.
Key Performance Indicators:
- Keeping within chargeback thresholds.
- Preventing false registrations (not the actual owner of the registration details).
- Safeguarding the business from bonus abuse.
- Maintaining an “honest” Poker room.
- Facilitating the entries into new regulated market.
- Risk assessing for the introduction of new gaming products and PSPs.
- Customer Risk Leadership
- Employees within the department
- Leadership in all other Divisions
- Compliance & Regulator Affairs stakeholders
- Technology teams
- Data scientists
- Analytics teams
- Third-party providers
Knowledge Skills & Experience:
Must have/Essential Skills:
- Minimum of 5 years’ managerial experience in Online Gaming Fraud including:
o Sports Risk Management
o Payments Fraud
o Poker bots/software
o Bonus abuse
o Onboard screening and verification
- Familiar with the latest available technology, onboard screening and payment fraud prevention.
- Knowledge on onboarding KYC requirements for multiple regulated markets.
- Expert knowledge in payment methods including the level of KYC and cash flow.
- Effective English communication skills (verbal and written) & proficient in MS Office applications.
- Good assessment of situations under stressful circumstances.
- Excellent organisational, prioritisation and analytical skills, with strong attention to detail.
- Must be adaptable to changing procedures and be able to work with various stakeholders.
- Able to work under pressure and to deadlines.
- Diplomatic and approachable with strong leadership skills.
- Patient, flexible, proactive, responsible and reliable.
- Willingness to relocate to Gibraltar (if applicable), and no restrictions to working in Gibraltar.
Nice to have/ Desirable:
- Working knowledge of another language.
- Background in compliance and regulations.
- Customer Due Diligence or Anti-Money Laundering Qualifications.
- Psychology of Gambling.
- Responsible Gaming experience.
- Effective communication.
- Leading and developing a team.
- Project Management.
- Knowledge in Online Poker and Sports betting.
- Networking skills with internal and external stakeholders.
- Building business cases for investment in solutions.
- High level of accuracy, strong analytical skills and high personal working standards.
- Ability to meet deadlines and multitask.
40+ hours per week.
POSITION | Fraud Director | Position ID: DC.E13
The candidate consent that the information in this Candidate Application and any personal information concerning him/her which is obtained by the Company or from other sources, will be held and managed by the Company or on its behalf, and that the Company shall be entitled to use and transfer such information to third parties, including Company’s affiliates, business partners or contractors/service providers to the extent required while maintaining your right to privacy. The Company undertakes that the information will be used, and transferred for the purposes related to the recruitment process, including assessment of your qualifications against our work opportunities, verification and reference/background checks, communications with you about the recruitment process and/or your application and/or compliance with applicable laws, regulations, legal processes or enforceable governmental requests.